The professional Training Courses for Pastry Chefs have restricted entry: ten partecipants, selected through a preliminary motivational interview.
The lessons are held by renowned italian and international chefs, academicians and experts in the Academy location in Via della Camilluccia.
Timetable: 12 lessons of 5 hours, from 3pm to 8pm.
Our Professional Training Courses for Pastry Chefs are designed for those who want to build from the foundations a proper professional education and to become professionals of the food sector. All our international classes are held in english.
Three different training programs allow the students to choose the preferred learning level:
- Level 1: 60 hours of theoretical and practical classes. A 50 hours apprenticeship is offered to the most meritorious students;
- Level 2: 80 hours of theoretical and practical classes + 150 hours apprenticeship;
- level 3: 100 hours of theoretical and practical classes + 300 hours apprenticeship;
- level 4: 120 hours of theoretical and practical classes + 400 hours apprenticeship.
- HACCP qualification certificate
- Visit to the laboratory with explanation of machines and their use
- Theoretical lesson on pastry ingredients and bases
1) PASTRY BASES
- Tart and Short pastry: methods and doses
- Sponge cake, bisquit, whipped creams: methods, variants, applications and balancing
- Pate a choux: balancing table and preparations
- Meringue: Italian, French and Swiss type
- Flaky Pastry: explanation and making
- Custard cream
- English cream, Ganache
3) BREAKFAST SWEETS
- Yeast base activation
- Classic and Danish croissants
- General overview and preparation of some types of classic breakfast sweets
4) CLASSIC TEA BISCUITS
- Technique and preparation of various recipes
5) TRADITIONAL DESSERTS
- Overview of the main Italian traditional desserts
- Execution of recipes
6) MINI PATISSERIE AND SWEET FINGER FOOD
- Overview and preparation of various classic over-the-counter patisserie
- Illustration and preparation of shorts and shop window finger food
7) CAKES: FROM TRADITION TO EVOLUTION
- Overview of various cakes by the master pastry chef Sal De Riso
8) FROZEN DESSERTS – MOUSSE – BAVARIANS
- Processing and balancing technique of a frozen dessert
- Frozen dessert base with pate a bombe
- Frozen dessert base with English cream
9) MODERN CATERING DESSERT COURSE
- Execution of various recipes according with the modern methods
10) DECORATION TECHNIQUES
- Analysis and execution of various classic and modern decoration techniques
11) FINAL EXAMINATION
The Final Examination consist in a theoretical and practical test, before the technical commission.
A degree, certifying also the practical experience (if any), is issued by the Italian Chef Academy and ENUIP, the National Institute of Professional Education.
All graduates are subscribed for free to the Italian Chef Association.